One of the Movers and Shakers on the national academic advisement scene is the Center for Community College Student Engagement (CCCSE) at the University of Texas, Austin. The Center is well known for providing relevant research, surveys, and other related services and resources specifically for community colleges.
Here are some of the many resources, surveys and documents that are supported by CCCSE:
- The Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE)
- The Community College Faculty Survey of Student Engagement (CCFSSE), a companion survey to the original student survey
- The Survey of Entering Student Engagement (SENSE), another student survey that alternatively focuses on the “front door” of the community college experience
- Focus group work through the Center’s various initiatives
- Research-based national benchmarks of effective educational practice for community colleges and a website that provides interactive data search/ benchmarking capabilities
- Ongoing research and analyses by Center professionals and doctoral students of student and institutional behaviors, perceptions, and practices affecting community college student engagement and success—work that has resulted in numerous Center publications and journal articles, extensive media coverage, and a growing number of dissertations
- Printed and electronic national reports distributed across the country to community colleges, higher education researchers and organizations, and the media
- A growing online collection of tools and resources for member colleges’ use in strengthening their understanding and use of data for institutional improvement, reaffirmation of accreditation, and accountability
- Regional, state, and college-level student success institutes and professional development workshops
Read more about CCCSE here!