Frequently Asked Questions

How do credits from schools with quarter credits transfer over to Maricopa Community Colleges which use semester credits?

Please see this page for more information from AZ Transfer regarding conversions from quarter credits to semester credits.

If a student already received a degree at another college can they get financial aid to cover a new degree? And how do they do that?

The answer is … it depends. If a student has completed a FAFSA and is eligible for financial aid, they may continue to receive Pell grant funds even if they already have an Associate’s degree.  They may or may not need to apply for a Maximum Timeframe Petition based on the number of credit hours they have completed. This is a question best answered by the Financial Aid office on each campus. Students with existing Bachelor’s degree are almost always only eligible for loans only and not grants.

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close