GCC/WNMU CEP Intake Checklist
“A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step” -Laozi
Review the WNMU course schedule for your cohort
Sign the Acceptance Agreement
Take a photo for your student ID. This must be on a white background with a suitable head and shoulders image. Please email in jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the WNMU Application
- START THE WNMU APPLICATION HERE: http://wnmu.edu/applynow/
- Click on Admissions Applications
- Admissions Login – see bottom of page for “First-time user account creation”
- Create a User ID and Pin – Write it down or record for future logins.
- Please select: Transfer Student (Undergrad) – For undergrads already pursuing a Bachelors/Associates at another University(s) unless you are an International Student. Then please contact GCC’s Global Educational Services.
- Select Fall 2018 as the Admission Term.
- Previous College – The Code for GCC is 4338.
- When you get to Planned Course of Study – select Cell & Molecular Biology-BA or BS
- Email Kristin when you have completed and submitted your application at email@example.com.
You may receive a standard response and/or a phone call asking you if you are interested in housing, etc. Please disregard requests for housing, course placement testing or out of state waivers. Contact us when you have completed the application, and if you have any questions about communication or requests from WNMU. You do not need to send a high school transcript or fill out a waiver form. Please let us know if you are asked to provide anything other than your college transcripts.
Once you have heard back from WNMU that they have received your application, go ahead and send an official transcript from your My Maricopa Student Center. There will be a $5 fee. Your official transcripts will include all classes taken in the Maricopa Community College System. Please have the transcript mailed directly to WNMU to the attention of Karla Allensworth. The institutional code for WNMU is 0012396 or you may simply look it up with the search tool.
If you have attended colleges or universities outside of the Maricopa Colleges, you will also need to send an official copy of those transcripts to Karla Allensworth at WNMU.
If you are eligible for financial aid, complete your FAFSA as early as possible and select both WNMU and GCC on your application. Once you begin classes with WNMU, it is usually beneficial to have WNMU as your parent school for financial aid. Students may only receive financial aid at one institution, but may complete consortium agreements to allow attendance at both schools to be combined if WNMU administers your financial aid. If you are using financial aid, you will need to fill out a WNMU Consortium Agreement. Check with Kristin for details.
Apply for scholarships! There are many scholarships available to students in our program from both GCC and WNMU. The first to consider is the Outstanding Academic Transfer Scholarship (OATS Application) for students with 30 or more transfer credits with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher. Other scholarships may be found at http://foundation.wnmu.edu/scholarship/info/. The deadline to apply is March 1st.